There are so many other conditions of the uterus that women have no information about. When I was in school we were taught about the menstrual cycle but never the other stuff surrounding it. Below are some ’cause for concerns’ of the uterus that I’ve gathered from my journey.
1. If your menstrual cramps last longer than the first two days of your period. Go check that out!
2. If you’re spotting in between your periods; meaning random trickles of blood, go check that out!
3. If you suffer from pelvic, back, and or abdominal pain, get that checked out!
4. If your bleeding soaks through one super tampon or pad in less than 2 hours. Get that checked out!
5. If you suffer from excessive, smelly discharge, check that out!
6. If you don’t get your period every 28-45 days, check that out!
7. If you don’t get your period at all, you might want to get that checked out too!
8. Do you have recurring urinary tract infections? This is a cause for concern. Go get it checked!
Might I say that regardless of all the facts about Endometriosis; I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl 13 months ago and no sign of Endometriosis was detected thereafter. I will forever be grateful for my daughter Kebotlhale. I am also super grateful for my husband who’s the one that first suggested I seek help, and then held my hand through it all!
It is important that women across different generations normalize conversations about these embarrassing things happening to our bodies. I have learned that it’s nothing to be ashamed of because 9 times out of 10 times, you’re not the only one going through it! Tell someone, ask questions, and seek the necessary help. Go for at least 3 opinions before deciding on anything major like surgery. There is always light at the end of the tunnel for us all!